Friday, January 23, 2009

1.23 Day 2

When times are heavy I tend to turn towards the "poppier" tunes to avoid the heartache I'm feeling. After all, who wants to listen to gooey slow songs when your heart feels like a piece of bubble gum that just got wedged up under someone's shoe?
I'm in a different place now, sailed a different ship, an
d the gooey songs aren't so somber anymore. As my heart thaws, these songs become sultry and inspiring. Consider it a collaboration of some of my favorite tunes that bring out the more "romantic" side in me...

Radiohead, In Rainbows. Song, "Reckoner"

Lydia, Illuminate. Song, "This is Twice Now"

The Album Leaf, Into the Blue Again. Song, "Always for you"

Blonde Redhead, Misery is a Butterfly. Song, "Elephant Woman"

Cat Power, You are Free. Song, "A Good Woman"

Bloc Party, Intimacy. Song, "Signs"

Now...who else is in the mood to make out?
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment